Friday, November 7, 2008

Birch Bark Purse



I can't even begin to say how much attention my Birch purses have been getting! I honestly can't go anywhere without at least someone commenting on it. If it's attention that you're looking for, this is the purse for you!

Made entirely out of upcycled/recycled Birch Bark that I've reclaimed from the woods behind my house (no trees have been cut for this - simply pieces of birch that were left behind by loggers). The purse measures approximately 9" long, and about 4.5" in diameter. The end pieces are made of 1/2" thick Poplar wood and the inside is lined with a nice beige fabric, with a felt liner underneath to give it more cushion.

The handle is also very unique - made from a branch that I found in the woods that had been gnawed by beavers. You can actually see the teeth marks! Embellished with some wooden beads and grosgrain ribbon, the handle is soft and will sit flat when not in use.

This AWESOME purse can be purchased through my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...