Friday, March 5, 2010

California paintings

We had the luxury of spending the holidays in sunny California this year, which was a nice change from the cold, white north!

During our stay, we managed a quick trip along the coast, also known as the scenic Pacific Coast Highway (PCH). It's really one of my most favorites places, second after Ireland. I love the huge hills and valleys, and the vast changes between desert and rocky coastlines.

We had also been there about a decade earlier, and after looking through my plethora of photos for inspiration, I settled on these two to paint:


"Pacific Edge", 8 x 10" Oil on panel



"California Coast", 11 x 14" Oil on canvas

I don't paint Landscapes very often, but I had a great time working on these. I hope to paint more of them in the near future (I still have lots of photos to go through!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...